Friday, August 24, 2012

Review of LET'S WRITE A SHORT STORY! by Joe Bunting


Who the Book is For: Fiction Writers
Rating: 5 out of 5

I love writing stories, and I’ve always wanted to write and publish a novel, but a novel is a long and strenuous journey. Though I’ve written 60,000 words of a novel I started a couple years ago, I just can’t find or justify the time to finish it at this point in my life. But another thing I’ve always enjoyed doing is writing short stories. I’ve written several, but I’ve never really seen them as anything more than for my own benefit. A few people have read my stories and enjoyed them, but I’ve never thought I could get one published.

Joe Bunting of The Write Practice blog just released a new ebook called LET’S WRITE A SHORT STORY! It’s a concise and practical guide to writing short stories and why a fiction writer should spend time focusing specifically on writing short stories. Bunting does a great service to writers in providing the encouragement and direction to write stories and going through the emotional risk of submitting them for publication. If you don’t know how to submit a short story for publication, Bunting’s book will guide you through it. Bunting shows that writing short stories is great practice for larger fictional works, and it’s a source of inspiration to actually complete a story.

LET’S WRITE A SHORT STORY! leaves fiction writers with no excuses and every reason why they should make the goal of writing a short story and submitting it for publication to a literary magazine in the next month. In fact, that’s exactly what Bunting is calling readers to do. Check out the book’s website at http://www.letswriteashortstory.com>letswriteashortstory.com

Review copy provided by the author

No comments:

Post a Comment