Monday, March 18, 2013

Review of HOW TO DIAGNOSE AND FIX EVERYTHING ELECTRONIC by Michael Jay Geier

Rating: 5 out 5

When I was little I used to love taking electronic devices apart and trying to figure out how they worked. Unfortunately I ruined a lot of stuff that way. Now that I'm older I find myself needing to fix electronic stuff often, especially as a musician. But it's frustrating when I can't figure out how to fix something. Michael Jay Geier's book HOW TO DIAGNOSE AND FIX EVERYTHING ELECTRONIC is an extremely helpful guide for understanding how electronic devices work, determine what problems may be affecting them, and what steps to take to fix them. 

The book covers tools you'll need, safety measures, an important section on troubleshooting, descriptions of electrical components, and reading diagrams. There's even a section on troubleshooting and repairing specific devices, including determining whether or not it's worth the risk to try to fix it yourself. 

Geier's guide is in a category all on its own. It's extremely helpful. I've been working on repairing a fried guitar pedal, so I'm hoping I'll finally be able to with the knowledge gained in this book.

Review copy provided by McGraw-Hill

Photo Credit: McGraw-Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment