Friday, March 22, 2013

Review of INCEPTION: SHOOTING SCRIPT by Christopher Nolan

I became a Christopher Nolan fan after the first Batman movie, and INCEPTION quickly joined the ranks as one of my favorite movies. I love great movies, but I'm also a writer, so I was interested in Christopher Nolan as writer. I love the idea of the stunning visuals we see in movies beginning as words on a page. The INCEPTION SHOOTING SCRIPT gives me the opportunity to see Christopher Nolan the writer.

The book obviously contains the script of the movie, and it's a great journey through the story. It's amazing how you can see the movie playing in your mind. What I really love about this book is the interview at the beginning between Nolan and his brother Jonathan Nolan. It gives a lot of insight into how Nolan came up with the story idea for INCEPTION and gives you some idea of Nolan's creative process.

The INCEPTION SHOOTING SCRIPT will appeal to people interested in writing for movies. It will also appeal just to fans of INCEPTION.

Review copy provided by Insight Editions

Photo Credit: Insight Editions

No comments:

Post a Comment