Monday, January 13, 2014

Review of DIRECTING THE CAMERA by Gil Bettman

I tend to read a lot of books on screenwriting because I love the storytelling element of film making. But I'm fully aware that the images on the screen and the dialogue and action that take place are what really moves a story.

DIRECTING THE CAMERA by Gil Bettman goes into how a director uses the camera to move a story forward. Specifically, the book covers strategies for getting the best moving shots from the camera, covering placement, lens selection, and other camera strategies.

The book includes a foreword by Hollywood director Robert Zemeckis. It has photos throughout to show the techniques in action. I'm not a cinematographer, but it would be great to get my hands on a camera and put some of this stuff to use. This another great book put out by Michael Wiese Productions.

Review copy provided by Michael Wiese Productions

Where you can buy itAmazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment